Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training ( May-Nov 2024)
Accommodation options available
Suitable for Men & Women
You are most welcome to join us on the next “Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training” here at Earthwise. We invite you to journey with us for a transformational experience of inner growth, learning and embodiment of these ancient teachings. Yoga & Ayurveda combined offer something not only unique but also essential to any Yoga teacher. Yoga is a spiritual practice designed to relieve spiritual suffering , Ayurveda is a medical science designed to address the health of body, mind, sences & soul. These two incredible systems were designed to be practiced together. Without a foundation of health spiritual practice cannot give the desired results this is why we offer a teacher training that teaches the importance of establishing a practice that is holistic in that it incorporates all the essential Vedic Teachings. Through establishing a yoga practice that is based on the principals of Ayurveda the student gets to experience first hand the benefits of Yoga & Ayurveda combined
‘It is important to reintegrate Yoga & Ayurveda to bring out the full healing and spiritual potential of each. Bringing Ayurveda into Yoga provides a yogic and Vedic system of medicine to allow for the full healing applications of all aspects of yoga. it provides a diagnosis and treatment in harmony with yoga Philosophy, as well as a diet and herbal treatment that follows the spiritual approach of Yoga” – David Frawley”
This Teacher Training offers you the opportunity to experience yoga as part of the healing system of Ayurveda. Yoga for healing should include Ayurvedic guidelines for practice . The training supports you in establishing a yoga & health routine based on Ayurvedic principals which include Dinacharya (daily routine), Ayurvedic Nutrition, Lifestyle, Self Massage, Yoga Asana, Pranayama & Yoga Nidra as daily practices.
The integration of these teachings into your daily life in central to the training as to be able to teach something successfully you must first embody it. How you will teach is an expression of everything that you yourself have learned, digested & integrated.
This is our 12th year offering teacher training here in Wexford and we feel privileged to provide you with a comprehensive course with highly trained and experienced teachers.
Here at Earthwise our yoga teacher training course provides all the necessary skills to enable you to share yoga with others, giving you a firm foundation in the ancient system of yoga whether your intention is to teach, deepen your own knowledge, or move towards advanced levels of yoga. This course is a basic introduction to the fundamentals of yoga practice.
The Course Elements
- Asanas: The asana taught gives you a tool kit to create a yoga class that can focus on body alignment, breath, mindfulness, interception and engagement of correct muscular activity to perform and embody yoga postures with integrity, stability and strength.
- Pranayama: yogic breathing techniques to both energise and balance. The breath is the most vital process of the body and is intimately linked to all aspects of human experience. Breath control practices increase the flow of prana (life force energy) in the nadis which helps to purify, regulate and activate them thereby inducing physical and mental stability.
- Mudra: Mudras are Vedic hand gestures infused with cosmic prana specifically designed to shift negative energy into positive vibration.
- Bandhas : Energy locks to influence the flow of prana, these locks are essential components in the practice of pranayama.
- Mantra: powerful, sacred sound patterns that liberate, refine and purify the mind and emotions.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra is an effortless state of being. It is not a just a practice, but a form of awareness, to experience this state of being we follow a systematic guided yogic relaxation. This is a heart-based practice for deep healing and rejuvenation.
- Sutras: Patanjali’s Sutras – The 8 fold path of Yoga
- Philosophy: Samkhya philosophy
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras, Nadis, Vayus, Koshas, Gunas
- Ayurveda : Understanding Ayurveda as a sister science of Yoga and how together they can bring about deep healing of multidimensional body.
- Food Sadhana : Ayurvedic approach to food and living a life of Balance.
- Home Practice: The importance of home practice & how to integrate yoga as a way of life.
- Ayurvedic Self Care Routine: Daily routines as rituals to develop inner medicine.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and physiology of the body and how it relates to yoga in a practical way. You will be educated on how teach yoga with confidence ,competence and finesse while having a high aptitude for observation an clear expression to instruct your students with safety and skill.
- Posture: postural and adjustment techniques.
Skills Gained On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Formulate group and individual classes for varying levels of ability and needs utilising yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation and simple meditation techniques.
- Apply beginners to intermediate yoga practices for overall health, wellness and therapeutic benefits.
- Understand how to apply the practices for optimum effect – for yourself and in yoga classes.
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of practicing yoga: how it affects our body, energy, brain and mind.
Why choose our course?
The Earthwise Teacher Training Programme is not only teaches you about how to teach yoga it shows you how to live it. You will learn that at the heart of these ancient teachings are guidance for how you can learn to live in a way that enhances your connection to self, others and to the living world around you. The teachings are based on traditional Hatha Yoga which includes Asana, Pranayama, Mudras, Bhandas, Mantras, Yoga Nidra and Meditation. Between your training weekends Clara will offer weekly zoom classes to help assist you anchor into a daily practice.
Ayurveda Ayurveda known as the sister science of yoga offers us insight into understanding how our daily routine, lifestyle and diet all effect our wellbeing and success in our yoga practice. You will be offered guidance in how to incorporate Ayurveda into your daily life.. Click here to find out more about Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Nutrition We will provide sattvic meals throughout the course using Ayurvedic Recipes. The kitchen is seen as a sacred place where all of the food that is cooked is infused with love . We use only fresh ingredients and organic where possible. Some of the produce is from our own organic vegetable garden. See Gardens
Yoga in Nature Wilton Mills, Bree, Enniscorthy, Wexford. Our yoga centre sits at the edge of the Boro River, this stunning location offers an enriched experience of your practice. Earthwise provides students the chance to undertake their training in a peaceful sanctuary of serenity and beauty infused with the sounds of nature. Enjoy the wild meadows, river & forest walks, meditation gardens, a dip in the swimming hole and then warm up in our sauna or hot tub! Accommodation is available for those attending trainings at Earthwise Cost 20euros per night See Location
200-hour Yoga Alliance-accredited Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Professionals has grown to become an internationally recognised yoga organisation, with members and training courses all around the world! We are passionate about getting yoga recognised as a viable career choice and establishing a pathway for those teachers interested in developing and growing as yoga teachers and trainers. Yoga Alliance Website