ॐ Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training 2020ॐ
Dates: January 18th,19th
February 29th, 1st
ॐ Goddess Awakened Yoga Teacher Training 2020ॐ
Dates: April 4th,5th
You are most welcome to join us on the next “Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training” here at Earthwise. You are invited to journey with us for a transformational experience of inner growth, learning and integration of these ancient teachings.
This is our 7th year offering teacher training here in Wexford and we feel privileged to provide you with a comprehensive course with highly trained and experienced teachers.
Earthwise teacher training is not only about exploring the art of teaching yoga. We are also offering guidance of how to live in an elevated way, one that infuses the essence of these teachings into daily life. This helps to inspire a blossoming of our relationship with self, others and the world around us. It is a great honour for us to provide a training that helps you discover the divine essence and healing potential of Yoga & Ayurveda.
Here at Earthwise Yoga our yoga teacher training course provides all the necessary skills to enable you to share yoga with others, giving you a firm foundation in the ancient system of yoga whether your intention is to teach, deepen your own knowledge, or move towards advanced levels of yoga. This course is a basic introduction to the fundamentals of yoga practice.
Why choose our course?
The Earthwise Teacher Training Programme is a unique training as the teachings are about yoga as a whole way of life rather than something you practice on a yoga mat. You will learn that at the heart of these ancient teachings are guidance for how you can learn to live in an eleveated way, with a deepened sense of connection to self, nature and to spirit. The teachings are based on traditional Hatha Yoga which includes Asana, Pranayama, Mudras, Bhanda’s, Mantra’s, Yoga Nidra and Meditation. You will learn how to practice yoga using the principles of Ayurveda and applying this within your practice. Yoga and Ayurveda combined offer a complete system for self healing and inner transformation.
Ayurveda & Lifestyle
Ayurveda known as the sister science of yoga offers us insight into understanding how our daily routine,lifetsyle and diet all effect our wellbeing and success in our yoga practice. You will be offered guidance in how to incorporate Ayurveda into your daily life. In addition to the course you will be offered a one to one consultation with Rachel Collins our ayurvedic teacher so that your individual needs can be catered for in regards to your Ayurvedic self care.
Click here to find out more about Ayurveda.
Included in the course is a weekend retreat which will take place at Earthwise, this is a great opportunity to completely immerse yourself in yoga, ayurveda and the healing power of nature.
We will provide sattvic meals throughout the course using Ayurvedic Recipes. The kitchen is seen as a sacred place where all of the food that is cooked is infused with love and devotion. We use only fresh ingredients and organic where possible. Some of the produce is from our own organic vegetable garden.
Wilton Mills, Bree, Enniscorthy, Wexford.
Our yoga centre sits at the edge of the Boro River , this stunning location offers an enriched experience of your practice . Earthwise provides students the chance to undertake their training in a peaceful sanctuary of serenity and beauty infused with the sounds of nature. Enjoy the wild meadows, river & forest walks, meditation gardens, a dip in the swimming hole and then warm up in our sauna or hot tub!
Alternatively there is a local BnB close by and there are Air BnB options.
More about the Course
Developed by Swami Shantimurti Saraswati of Ashram Yoga in New Zealand where Shakti trained, the course covers a full spectrum of yoga practices for beginners through to intermediate practitioners.
The Course Elements
- Asanas: yoga postures – dynamic, static and corrective postures for the various bodily systems, e.g. digestive, hormonal, lymphatic, reproductive etc.
- Pranayama: yogic breathing techniques to both energize and balance. The breath is the most vital process of the body and is intimately linked to all aspects of human experience. Breath control practices increase the flow of prana (life force energy) in the nadis which helps to purify, regulate and activate them, thereby inducing physical and mental stability.
- Mudra: hand gestures that direct internal energy to increase concentration and awareness and thus enhance the practitioner’s ability to stabilize the body and mind in meditation.
- Mantra: powerful, sacred sound patterns that liberate, refine and purify the mind and emotions.
- Yoga Nidra: systematic guided yogic relaxation which is a heart-based practice for deep healing and rejuvenation.
- Meditation: a systematic approach to release stress and increase the awareness
- Shatkarmas: a set of purification and cleansing practices used to address imbalances in the body and remove toxins.
- Anatomy and Physiology: the structure and function of the main physical body systems, and the energy systems of the subtle body. One full weekend of the course is dedicated to learning the anatomy of knees, hips, shoulder, girdle and alignment for safety in yoga classes.
- Balancing: the application of yoga to body, energy, mind and emotions
- Posture: postural and adjustment techniques
- Teaching: Teaching methodology, useful tips and experience
- Diet: Introduction to Ayurveda – the sister healing science to yoga
- Philosophy: An introduction to Samkhya philosophy and ancient wisdom which includes: ayurveda, the eightfold path, the chakras, nadis, the koshas etc.
9am-10:30am Yoga Class
10:30am Tea Break
11am-1:30pm Asana- Alignment and adjustment
4:30pm Tea Break
4:45pm-5:30pm Teaching practice, teaching skills and class sequencing
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Formulate group and individual classes for varying levels of ability and needs utilizing yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation and simple meditation techniques.
- Apply beginners to intermediate yoga practices for overall health, wellness and therapeutic benefits.
- Understand how to apply the practices for optimum effect – for yourself and in yoga classes.
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of practicing yoga: how it affects our body, energy, brain and mind.
The cost of the course is €2,500, we request an initial non-refundable booking deposit of €500 to be paid once your application has been accepted,.
Payment plans are available to spread the cost of your training, we are happy to work out payment plans based on your individual needs – please contact us for the details.
Terms & Conditions
A non refundable deposit €500 is payable on application.
Once the course commences and you have paid for your yoga teacher training course, no refunds are available
In the event of an agreed payment plan you must agree to complete all the payments.
Earthwise Yoga holds all rights to change YTT course contents and or YTT course structure as deemed appropriate.
200-hour Yoga Alliance-accredited Yoga Teacher Training
GROUP 1 2019
GROUP 2 2019, Goddess Rising Yoga Teacher Training
July 27th, 28th
Aug 31st, 1st Sept
Nov 16rd 17th
Nov 30th, 1st Decth
“Doing the yoga teacher training course with Shakti at Earthwise Yoga has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life so far. I learned so much about every aspect of yoga from the physical components, asana and pranayama, to the lifestyle components, Ayurveda and yogic diet, and even the more subtle components, learning about meditation, the energetic body etc.
Not only did I learn so much about yoga and how best to share yoga with others, I learned a lot about myself, who I really was and what I really wanted to do with my life. The atmosphere at Earthwise a very warm and supportive environment to learn in. The location of the studio is indescribably beautiful too.
Every teacher training weekend was educational and informative but also very sociable and relaxing. It was lovely to have these weekends away from stress of everyday life. I was blessed enough to meet many open minded, warm hearted people, enjoy delicious vegetarian food and learn from other yoga students and teachers in the community. I made friendships which I feel will last for many years and I now feel I have a lovely support network of other yoga teachers.
I would recommend this course to anyone who is interested in yoga and wants to learn more and deepen their own experience or anyone who wants to learn to share yoga with others. Yoga is a wonderful gift to share and I am deeply grateful that Shakti and everyone at Earthwise have helped me develop the skills to share this beautiful, life-changing practice with others.” ~ Becky Jenkins
“It was the last day of the yoga course, and a lot of tears were had here. I will say though that it was a brilliant experience, spending 10 weekends here for the last year, and meeting so many great people. It’s definitely a one in a million place to go, with such positivity all the time and the atmosphere is always so welcoming and free, you feel like a different person every time you leave and that is one of the reasons why it was so hard to finish!! Would love to thank @earthwiseyoga once again for this amazing experience” ~ Julie Vaughan