Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training
Next course August 2020
Please, apply before booking
You are most welcome to join us on the next “Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training” here at Earthwise. You are invited to journey with us for a transformational experience of inner growth, learning and integration of these ancient teachings.
This is our 7th year offering teacher training here in Wexford and we feel privileged to provide you with a comprehensive course with highly trained and experienced teachers.
Earthwise teacher training is not only about exploring the art of teaching yoga. We are also offering guidance of how to live in an elevated way, one that infuses the essence of these teachings into daily life. This helps to inspire a blossoming of the relationship with self, others and the world around you. It is a great honour for us to provide a training that helps you discover the essence of Yoga & Ayurveda.
Here at Earthwise our yoga teacher training course provides all the necessary skills to enable you to share yoga with others, giving you a firm foundation in the ancient system of yoga whether your intention is to teach, deepen your own knowledge, or move towards advanced levels of yoga. This course is a basic introduction to the fundamentals of yoga practice.
Why choose our course?
The Earthwise Teacher Training Programme is a unique training as the teachings are about yoga as a whole way of life rather than something you practice on a yoga mat. You will learn that at the heart of these ancient teachings are guidance for how you can learn to live in an elevated way, with a deepened sense of connection to self, nature and to spirit. The teachings are based on traditional Hatha Yoga which includes Asana, Pranayama, Mudras, Bhandas, Mantras, Yoga Nidra and Meditation. You will learn how to practice yoga using the principles of Ayurveda and applying this within your practice. Yoga and Ayurveda combined offer a complete system for self healing and inner transformation.
Ayurveda known as the sister science of yoga offers us insight into understanding how our daily routine, lifestyle and diet all effect our wellbeing and success in our yoga practice. You will be offered guidance in how to incorporate Ayurveda into your daily life. In addition to the course you will be offered a one to one consultation with Rachel Collins our Ayurvedic teacher so that your individual needs can be catered for in regards to your Ayurvedic self care.
Click here to find out more about Ayurveda.
We will welcome you to a weekend retreat during your training which will take place at Earthwise, this is a great opportunity to completely immerse yourself in Yoga, Ayurveda and the healing vibrations within nature. The experience of being on a retreat is an essential part of embodying a deep knowing of how yoga brings about healing of the multidimensional body. The capacity for an inner unfolding is greatly enhanced within a retreat environment and so we offer this to all our students who join us for teacher training.
We will provide sattvic meals throughout the course using Ayurvedic Recipes. The kitchen is seen as a sacred place where all of the food that is cooked is infused with love and devotion. We use only fresh ingredients and organic where possible. Some of the produce is from our own organic vegetable garden.
Wilton Mills, Bree, Enniscorthy, Wexford.
Our yoga centre sits at the edge of the Boro River, this stunning location offers an enriched experience of your practice. Earthwise provides students the chance to undertake their training in a peaceful sanctuary of serenity and beauty infused with the sounds of nature. Enjoy the wild meadows, river & forest walks, meditation gardens, a dip in the swimming hole and then warm up in our sauna or hot tub!
Accommodation, People attending the course are welcome to sleep in the Yoga Shala.
Alternatively there is a local BnB close by and there are Air BnB options.
200-hour Yoga Alliance-accredited Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Professionals has grown to become an internationally recognised yoga organisation, with members and training courses all around the world! We are passionate about getting yoga recognised as a viable career choice and establishing a pathway for those teachers interested in developing and growing as yoga teachers and trainers.
Yoga Alliance Website
The Course Elements
- Asanas: The asana taught gives you a tool kit to create a yoga class that can focus on body alignment, breath, mindfulness, interception and engagement of correct muscular activity to perform and embody yoga postures with integrity, stability and strength.
- Pranayama: yogic breathing techniques to both energise and balance. The breath is the most vital process of the body and is intimately linked to all aspects of human experience. Breath control practices increase the flow of prana (life force energy) in the nadis which helps to purify, regulate and activate them thereby inducing physical and mental stability.
- Mudra: Mudras are Vedic hand gestures infused with cosmic prana specifically designed to shift negative energy into positive vibration.
- Bandhas : Energy locks to influence the flow of prana, these locks are essential components in the practice of pranayama.
- Mantra: powerful, sacred sound patterns that liberate, refine and purify the mind and emotions.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra is an effortless state of being. It is not a just a practice, but a form of awareness, to experience this state of being we follow a systematic guided yogic relaxation. This is a heart-based practice for deep healing and rejuvenation.
- Sutras: Patanjali’s Sutras – The 8 fold path of Yoga
- Philosophy: Samkhya philosophy, understanding the cosmic principles
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras, Nadis, Vayus, Koshas, Gunas
- Ayurveda : Understanding Ayurveda as a sister science of Yoga and how together they can bring about deep healing of multidimensional body.
- Food Sadhana : Ayurvedic approach to food and living a life of Balance.
- Home Practice: The importance of home practice & how to integrate yoga as a way of life.
- Ayurvedic Self Care Routine: Daily routines as rituals to develop inner medicine.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and physiology of the body and how it relates to yoga in a practical way. You will be educated on how teach yoga with confidence ,competence and finesse while having a high aptitude for observation an clear expression to instruct your students with safety and skill.
- Posture: postural and adjustment techniques.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Formulate group and individual classes for varying levels of ability and needs utilising yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation and simple meditation techniques.
- Apply beginners to intermediate yoga practices for overall health, wellness and therapeutic benefits.
- Understand how to apply the practices for optimum effect – for yourself and in yoga classes.
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of practicing yoga: how it affects our body, energy, brain and mind.
Terms & Conditions
- The cost of the course is €2,500, a non-refundable deposit of €500 is necessary to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of the booking.
- Payment plans are available to spread the cost of your training, we are happy to work out payment plans based on your individual needs – please contact us for the details.
- In the event of an agreed payment plan you must agree to complete all the payments.
- Once the course commences payment is due whether or not you complete your training, payments are non refundable.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances which may require an extension, students are asked to contact us at the soonest possible convenience to discuss. Modules to be repeated will be done so on the following year of the course, at the discretion of Earthwise Yoga. Certificates will not be granted until full completion of modules.
- Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis, factors such as yoga experience and previous training will be taken into account as eligibility for the course. Students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who have not.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date.
- The fees must be paid in full before a graduation certificate will be issued.
“Doing the yoga teacher training course with Shakti at Earthwise Yoga has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life so far. I learned so much about every aspect of yoga from the physical components, asana and pranayama, to the lifestyle components, Ayurveda and yogic diet, and even the more subtle components, learning about meditation, the energetic body etc.
Not only did I learn so much about yoga and how best to share yoga with others, I learned a lot about myself, who I really was and what I really wanted to do with my life. The atmosphere at Earthwise a very warm and supportive environment to learn in. The location of the studio is indescribably beautiful too.
Every teacher training weekend was educational and informative but also very sociable and relaxing. It was lovely to have these weekends away from stress of everyday life. I was blessed enough to meet many open minded, warm hearted people, enjoy delicious vegetarian food and learn from other yoga students and teachers in the community. I made friendships which I feel will last for many years and I now feel I have a lovely support network of other yoga teachers.
I would recommend this course to anyone who is interested in yoga and wants to learn more and deepen their own experience or anyone who wants to learn to share yoga with others. Yoga is a wonderful gift to share and I am deeply grateful that Shakti and everyone at Earthwise have helped me develop the skills to share this beautiful, life-changing practice with others.” ~ Becky Jenkins
“It was the last day of the yoga course, and a lot of tears were had here. I will say though that it was a brilliant experience, spending 10 weekends here for the last year, and meeting so many great people. It’s definitely a one in a million place to go, with such positivity all the time and the atmosphere is always so welcoming and free, you feel like a different person every time you leave and that is one of the reasons why it was so hard to finish!! Would love to thank @earthwiseyoga once again for this amazing experience” ~ Julie Vaughan